Made my first trip to our new Fresh & Easy grocery store. I am fairly impressed (although Albertson’s is still my favorite grocery store). I had a coupon and got another at the store, so I ended up saving $12, making my total purchase of 4 big bags of food only $54, score! so here are the things I found interesting:
– Way more brand name stuff than Henry’s, but not all the brand names you might want.
– Tons and tons of pre-made foods, made in house I think.
– Sampled the Tomato Basil Soup, lovely!
– Some sale prices are outrageously good…Lean Cuisines for $1.50
– Not a ton of fancy cheeses, to which I am partial.
– Produce is all pre-packaged, boo. Sometimes I just want 1 apple.
– Produce selection was a bit scant.
– Bakery section was a bit small.
– All self-checkout, good and bad.
– Good: I was able to do it all and pay without help.
– Bad: Bagging my own groceries and trying to get out of the way for the next guy.
– Also Bad:Left my pancake mix behind because I was trying to get out of the way.
All in all, cheaper than Ralph’s or Henry’s overall, better selection on most items than Henry’s, produce is the real loser here. I will be going back, but I am still not sure that this will be my regular grocery store.
Anyone else have input?