Made my first trip to our new Fresh & Easy grocery store. I am fairly impressed (although Albertson’s is still my favorite grocery store). I had a coupon and got another at the store, so I ended up saving $12, making my total purchase of 4 big bags of food only $54, score! so here are the things I found interesting:
- Way more brand name stuff than Henry’s, but not all the brand names you might want.
- Tons and tons of pre-made foods, made in house I think.
- Sampled the Tomato Basil Soup, lovely!
- Some sale prices are outrageously good…Lean Cuisines for $1.50
- Not a ton of fancy cheeses, to which I am partial.
- Produce is all pre-packaged, boo. Sometimes I just want 1 apple.
- Produce selection was a bit scant.
- Bakery section was a bit small.
- All self-checkout, good and bad.
- Good: I was able to do it all and pay without help.
- Bad: Bagging my own groceries and trying to get out of the way for the next guy.
- Also Bad:Left my pancake mix behind because I was trying to get out of the way.
All in all, cheaper than Ralph’s or Henry’s overall, better selection on most items than Henry’s, produce is the real loser here. I will be going back, but I am still not sure that this will be my regular grocery store.
Anyone else have input?