As most of you know my Gram passed away a couple of weeks ago. She was an amazing little lady. A lot of people had great things to say about her as we honored her life. She was a fantastic role model for me. Here are some of the things I learned from her:
– Always keep a clean house, you never know who might show up.
– Don’t wait until later, if you can get out of the way now.
– Be happy with what you have.
– People will always appreciate a good meal.
– Help people out whenever you can, God will bless you for it.
– Don’t worry, be happy (yes, she loved the song 🙂
– Don’t keep a lot of junk around, eliminate.
– Say what’s on your mind. Might as well.
Of course, there are countless others, most involve translation from Italian, but you get the idea.
She was a little lady, measuring about 4’7″. She lost her husband at 52 years of age, but she was still one of the most cheerful people I knew. She lead a life of service, always taking care of others. She is probably the only person I am SURE got into Heaven. She loved to tell stories. She cooked incredible food. She always had a hug for you. She will be greatly missed.
I think my Mom said it best, “For such a tiny lady, we’ve got some big shoes to fill.”
Here is a link to her memorial site: Lydia