I’ve always hated the word “dieting” almost as much as I hate doing it, but as of late I’ve decided to be more conscious of my eating habits and there are a few thoughts that have started to change the way I think about food, so I thought I’d share:
1. Don’t eat until you’re full. Eat until you are no longer hungry.
2. Better to eat a small meal and have a snack in a couple hours than overeat at every meal.
3. If you are not enjoying something you are eating, stop. Don’t waste calories on something you don’t even like.
4. Try to avoid eating because you are bored. Grab a stick of gum or a glass of water instead.
5. Don’t feel bad for “wasting” food, even if you eat everything on your plate, you will be “wasting” it eventually.
6. If you are trying to decide between 2 items at a restaurant, default to choosing the healthier option every time.
7. A treat is fine once in a while, but if you do it daily then it is not a treat.
8. One bite of anything is not going to kill you.
9. Split restaurant meals or order ala carte options.
10. Don’t drink your calories, save it for a piece of chocolate.
Have any tips to add? I would love to hear them.