We’re moving. Moving sucks.
To begin with, we have too much stuff. I’ve lived in the same place for 9 years and when my husband and I got married each of us was the roommate with all the “stuff”. We’ve been weeding it out over the years, but not enough apparently.
In the process of packing, we’ve lugged more than 50 trash cans full of junk to the dumpster. Now there is a pile of boxes in the spare room, the few bits of furniture we are taking to the new place and a large pile of “let’s get rid of this”.
What do you do with stuff that is perfectly good, but you no longer have use for it? Sell it? Give it away? Throw it away? Grr.
Since last we met, here is the low down:
– I got stranded in the desert with the Youngs when the “hybrid” ran out of gas. I guess they can still claim to save on emissions if the car isn’t running.
– I’ve been to Disneyland/California adventures twice with 3 different groups of people.
– I’ve spent 2 long, very funny days editing video with a client.
– I’ve been back home to visit my grandfather in the hospital as he prepared for a risky gall bladder operation. (He has made it through fine, Thank God.)
– I’ve driven my husband to and from the airport.
– I’ve celebrated my 5th wedding anniversary.
– I’ve had 3 glasses of wine that I have not reviewed on Cork’d (for shame!)
– I’ve done 7 loads of laundry in one day (it still needs to be folded, eek.)
– I went swimming with my mom and had the most relaxing time I’ve had in a while.
– I’ve temporarily given up caffeine.